UBIK 4 – The new and improved UBIK!
It was long in the works and trimmed to perfection by the whole team. Now it’s finally here, say hello to UBIK 4!
In the following we want to summarize the most important changes that come with this new and improved version.
BRIEF TECHNICAL OVERVIEW
- Improved kernel for all clients.
- Based on our Universal Client Foundation (nuget packages) for our own client developments, and committed to providing more support to our partners in doing the same.
- Most new features will be available across all our clients, or they will be designed in a way that they require lower effort to reach new clients/platforms.
Property direct editing:
- It’s now possible to directly edit most frequently used types of properties inline, instead of in additional dialogs.
- The previously limited MRO task direct editing (boolean) is now extended to these property types as well.
- Added more parameters to some property editing related commands for better customizability.
- Better edit session management to prevent editing being overwritten by background content updates in rare cases.
Developer mode improvements:
- Supports the inspections of collection item through indexers.
- Supports type browsing from custom pinned data contexts.
- Currently opened dialogs can also be inspected.
- Added a button in the XAML browser to unpack all default templates
Security related improvements:
- The app now informs the web service to terminate the user session upon logout or app closing.
- The app no longer allows self-signed server certificates.
- Improved the performance of content filtering through XAML customizing.
- Improved the app performance when deleting large amount of data (which happens when e.g. evaluating online queries).
- To improve the AR performance and reduce power consumption, POSE FUSION is now turned off by default and can be enabled when necessary
- PDF annotations are now treated as regular content changes and can be automatically saved (when AUTO SAVE MODE is on) as a result.
THE NEW LOOK
Overall, the goal was to provide a greatly enhanced, out of the box user experience, with little to no additional customizing efforts.
- More unified page designs.
- Quality of life improvements such as the ease of access to context menus.
- Better grouping of similar context related actions, such as branch download.
- Better text descriptions, icons and localization.
- Most features in the old app’s top & bottom bars can now be used in customized UI.
- Optimized the search result UI to better distinguish current and previous results.
- And many others…
UBIK is ubiquitous!
CeBIT 2017, Hannover
Augmensys won the Innovation and Research Prize of the State of Carinthia!
UBIK and the HoloLens
Schleppe Platz 5, 2/3
9020 Klagenfurt | Österreich
Lastenstraße 38, EG
4020 Linz | Österreich
Augmensys Deutschland GmbH
Loher Straße 1
58332 Schwelm | Deutschland
Desenvolvimento de Software Ltda
Rua Lanciano, 60, Jardim Suzana
São Paulo 04784-190 | Brasilien